Winter–photos taken in Winter – Deadline: March 31, 2023
Spring–photos taken in Spring – Deadline: June 30, 2023
Summer– photos taken in Summer – Deadline: Sept. 30, 2023
Fall–photos taken in Fall – Deadline: Dec 31, 2023
Photos can be landscapes or close-ups. They may include people and/or animals. Review the tips from Joe and guests–tips such as light, depth, and composition using rule of three–to enhance your photo taking.
Photos of distinction will be announced quarterly.
1. This photo showcase is open only to amateur photographers (photography is not a principal source of income).
2. Photos must be taken in Lyme in any of these places:
- Lyme Preserves owned and/or managed by the Lyme Land Trust, Town of Lyme, and The Nature Conservancy View a map of the preserves
- Pollinator/wildlife habitat with native plants– May be in a backyard, preserve or in a Lyme Pollinator Pathway garden in Lyme, CT.
- Trail 52- the sky above Lyme.
The photographer does not have to reside in Lyme.
3. All photos submitted must be in the category for the season.
4. Entries must be submitted by deadline dates per session.
5. Photographers may enter up to three photo entries per season. Only one award per person per season.
6. All photos are to be submitted online. Submit here.
7. All entries will be subject to approval prior to being posted.
8. This show prohibits capturing or restraining wildlife for photographic purposes.
9. Three photos of distinction for each season will be chosen by a panel of judges based upon the criteria of emotional impact and creative design. The judges will not be aware of the name of the photographer when voting. Therefore, people affiliated with the Lyme Land Trust and partners may submit photos. The photographer of distinction has the choice of a framed copy or notecards of their photo. Photos may be featured in Lyme Land Trust, Town of Lyme and Lyme Pollinator Pathway media.
10.Annually, the People’s Vision Award will be chosen by everyone who wishes to vote.
11. While photographers retain complete rights and ownership (copyright) of their entries, the photographer grants the Lyme Land Trust a royalty-free right of use, display, and reproduction of all submitted photos for purposes of publication in all media including but not limited to website use, social media, exhibitions, slideshows and other items for fund-raising. In such use, every attempt will be made to credit the photographer.
12. By submitting a photo, you warrant and represent that each photo is your own original work to which you alone own the copyright. It is each entrant’s legal responsibility to ensure that they own the rights to reproduction of their photos without violating the rights of any third party.
13. Entrants who do not fulfill these criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified.
Panel of Judges
The judges are members of the Lyme Land Trust Events and Education Committee:
Joe Standart, professional photographer, and Wendolyn Hill, artist and retired professor of art.