Winter–photos taken in Winter – Deadline: March 30, 2022
Spring–photos taken in Spring – Deadline: June 30, 2022
Summer– photos taken in Summer – Deadline: Sept. 30, 2022
Fall–photos taken in Fall – Deadline: Dec 30, 2022
Photos can be landscapes or close-ups. They may include people and/or animals. Review the tips from Joe and guests–tips such as light, depth, and composition using rule of three–to enhance your photo taking.
Winners will be announced quarterly.
1. This photo showcase is open only to amateur photographers (photography is not a principal source of income).
2. Photos must be taken in Lyme in any of these places:
- Lyme Preserves owned and/or managed by the Lyme Land Trust, Town of Lyme, and The Nature Conservancy View a map of the preserves
- Pollinator/wildlife habitat– May be in a backyard, preserve or in a Lyme Pollinator Pathway garden in Lyme, CT.
The photographer does not have to reside in Lyme.
3. All photos submitted must be in the category for the season.
4. Entries must be submitted by deadline dates per session.
5. Photographers may enter up to three photo entries per season. Only one award per person per season.
6. All photos are to be submitted online. Submit here.
7. All entries will be subject to approval prior to being posted.
8. This show prohibits capturing or restraining wildlife for photographic purposes.
9. Three photos of distinction for each season will be chosen by a panel of judges based upon the criteria of emotional impact and creative design. The judges will not be aware of the name of the photographer when voting. Selected photos will be framed and featured for the year. After display, framed photos will be given to the winner. Photos will be featured in Lyme Land Trust media.
10.Annually, a photo of the year will be chosen by everyone who wishes to vote.
11. While photographers retain complete rights and ownership (copyright) of their entries, the photographer grants the Lyme Land Trust a royalty-free right of use, display, and reproduction of all submitted photos for purposes of publication in all media including but not limited to website use, social media, exhibitions, slideshows and other items for fund-raising. In such use, every attempt will be made to credit the photographer.
12. By submitting a photo, you warrant and represent that each photo is your own original work to which you alone own the copyright. It is each entrant’s legal responsibility to ensure that they own the rights to reproduction of their photos without violating the rights of any third party.
13. Entrants who do not fulfill these criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified.
Panel of Judges
The judges are members of the Lyme Land Trust Events and Education Committee: